|“Iraq - A Nation to be rebuilt" Conference
|The Middle East Association and The Risk Advisory Group (TRAG) are holding a two day conference on “Rebuilding Iraq” in Amman, Jordan on 9, 10 and 11 December 2003. Sponsored and supported by the British Government (UK Trade and Investment), this conference offers a unique opportunity for British companies to gain crucial insights into investing in the new Iraq and meet leading players.
The 400 expected delegates will be given a macro level update on Iraq by officials and businessmen close to events on the ground, and attend sector specific working groups to equip them with the tools necessary for successful business transactions. The networking sessions over the two days, will allow the delegates to meet Iraqi business delegates and ministers, members of the Iraqi Governing Council, British officials, representatives of the Coalition Provisional Authority and companies already operating in Iraq.
The conference moderators include Christopher Segar (Head of British Office in Baghdad), Major John Deblasio (Iraq Assistance Unit, US Embassy) and Dr David Claridge (The Risk Advisory Group).
Dr David Claridge, head of The Risk Advisory Group’s physical security operations said:
“Insecurity in Iraq poses a critical challenge to businesses seeking to operate there, but there are real opportunities for companies prepared to meet the challenge. In order for them to establish effective business relationships in the country it is important to make contact with key stakeholders. Jordan is a vital gateway to businesses seeking to work in Iraq, and is natural meeting place. The rebuilding Iraq conference offers British companies the chance to establish the tools and local contacts necessary to conduct successful business transactions”
Media are welcome to attend.
For further information: www.rebuilding-iraq.org
Further enquiries: Lawrence conference and seminar services, Ms Thuraya Husseini 00 9626 5605370
Notes to editors:
1. The Middle East Association / The Risk Advisory Group Conference is held in association with the British Government (UK Trade and Investment, formerly Trade Partners UK), British Embassy in Amman, British Office of Baghdad, BCCB and CBI.
2. The Conference will be held at The Four Seasons Hotel, Amman, Jordan. Registration is from 1600 hrs on 8 December and the Conference closes at 1800 hrs on 10 December.
3. The Risk Advisory Group is one of Europe's leading independent investigations and intelligence consultancies, specialising in providing analysis and advisory services to a wide range of private and public sector organisations. It was founded in late 1997 and currently employs 80 people at offices in central London, Moscow, Baghdad and Paris. The company is chaired by Nigel Turnbull, former finance director of the Rank Group and author of the eponymous report on corporate governance. The chief executive is Bill Waite, a barrister and former Serious Fraud Office prosecutor. Further information is available at www.riskadvisory.net.
4. The Risk Advisory Group’s security risk management services are provided through its subsidiary Janusian Security Risk Management. www.janusian.com
5. As the first Western security company to operate independently in Iraq with a permanent country manager, TRAG provides a local base for companies interested in developing trade and business links in the country.
Event Management company for "Iraq - A nation to be rebuilt"
Lawrence for Conference & Seminar Services
Amman - Jordan